Whilst the country prepares for the new restrictions coming into force, we thought it important to let you know that at present we do not anticipate any disruption to our service or changes to completion dates over the coming weeks.
The Communities Secretary, Robert Jenrick, has announced that the housing market will be allowed to continue through the forthcoming 4-week period. This reinforces the position that the Government has taken to preserve the construction industry and wider housing market. Therefore, our sites and sales areas will remain open for business, whilst continuing to observe the safety protocols we already have in place, as the health and wellbeing of both our staff and customers remains our top priority.
Mr Jenrick has said that ahead of Thursday’s measures:
- Renters & homeowners will be able to move
- Removal firms and estate agents can operate
- Construction sites can and should continue
- Tradespeople will be able to enter homes
- But all must follow the Covid safety guidance
We will therefore continue to operate as we are doing now and we can receive visitors to site by appointment, whilst we all remember to practise and enforce the safety guidelines and procedures which you are already aware of.
In summary then and until any other guidance emerges:
- The progression of reserved plots to current target completion dates continues without change
- We are still selling and reserving new homes across all our sites
- Our sales offices remain open, subject to the existing safety measures and we can continue to accommodate visits to site by appointment
- Our construction programme continues unchanged.
If customers are worried about what happens if they or anyone in their chain either contracts the disease or has to self-isolate, we already have a Law Society compliant ‘COVID clause’, ready for our solicitors to add to contracts if necessary. This means that exchange of contracts can still happen but with the reassurance that completions dates can be delayed, should it become necessary.
We appreciate that you may still have queries. If so, please do not hesitate to contact your Sales Advisor.