Update May 11 2020:
From May 13th we’re restarting work at select developments
As a responsible company and local employer, Strongvox closed its construction sites and sales offices on March 24th. In line with Government guidelines, we will restart construction on our sites from May 13th, beginning with Russet Copse (Sandford), Cadbury Fields (Congresbury) and Wedmore Grange (Wedmore). Our sales offices will be closed for a little longer but in the meantime, our Sales Team is still operating remotely and able to provide the usual comprehensive information about the homes currently available to buy, as well as supporting our existing customers.
The health and wellbeing of our workforce, our visitors to site and the local community is still our number one priority at Strongvox. We have therefore signed up to the Charter for Safe Working Practice (COVID-19) drawn up jointly by the Home Builders Federation and the Government’s Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government.
Home-building has a major role to play in helping our economy recover from the impact of coronavirus. The Government is supportive of construction activity continuing where it is safe to do so. Home building supports hundreds of thousands of jobs and thousands of businesses. It also generates billions of pounds worth in contributions in development taxes that go to improve local infrastructure. We all share the responsibility to ensure that our sites can operate safely and in accordance with the advice of the Government and of Public Health England.
We will do that by:
- Working with our subcontractors to develop and share detailed safe working practices
- Only undertaking operations we know can be carried out safely
- Establishing safe access and egress to the site
- Providing safe shared facilities and parking areas
- Giving all site visitors a safety induction to ensure they fully understand the measures in place on the site to protect them and others
- Ensuring measures are in place to enable anyone on site to abide by social distancing guidance and providing the necessary safety equipment when this is not possible
- Having clean welfare facilities and hand washing points and sanitisers across the site
- Developing detailed policies that allow customers to visit sites and view homes safely and in accordance with all social distancing guidelines
- Communicating with our neighbours so they are aware we are working to Government guidelines
- Ensuring that compliance with these rules is monitored very closely. Any person found to be breaking these rules will be removed from site and may not be allowed to return.
We are asking all visitors to our sites to:
- Register with the site management team upon arrival for a coronavirus briefing
- Stay at home if you have any coronavirus symptoms or are living with someone who has
- Where possible, travel alone or with others in your household and follow social distancing guidance if using public transport
- Take time to understand and comply with all guidance provided, in particular with regards to social distancing
- Report any concerns to the site manager/coordinator named below
Our trained site management teams will be able to answer any questions workers and visitors may have. These rules will be updated as appropriate in response to any changes in Public Health England guidance or Construction Leadership Council Site Operating Procedures.
If you have a Customer Care issue please read our the latest news here.
If you have any questions or queries, please contact us on 01823 444055 or email
Previous statements can be found here.